Sunday, October 23, 2016

Carnarvon Gorge Qld by Helicopter !

Carnarvon Gorge and a Helicopter Ride !

While at Carnarvon Gorge a while back I relaxed at the caravan while George walked the 14 km gorge track as far in as the Aboriginal art gallery and amphitheatre. As this is not something I am physically able to do I missed out on seeing it all so George suggested I do the helicopter flight instead. Now this is not something, I would normally do as it is expensive but I was feeling like I missed out on seeing something really special so I relented. Funny how it worked out though ... George wound up coming too. 😉

The helicopter flight actually does not fly over Carnarvon Gorge as that is a restricted area, it flies over another amazing series of gorges adjacent to Carnarvon Gorge. 
Although I have flown in several different small sight seeing planes before, I have actually not been up in a helicopter. This was a whole other experience, and the air and winds caused it to be a choppy take off that was a little unnerving to begin with, and I had been offered the front seat !
Once more I wont try to explain what we viewed from the chopper but will just post pictures ... They will tell it better than I could explain !




 Some of the shorter walks, showing the vegetation and Carnarvon Creek. The wallaby was a Pretty Face wallaby. 
 On the road into Canarvon Gorge there is the historical site of a WW2 air crash which we stopped to wander around.

No comments: